When running a local business the owner of that retail business or professional service business for example relies upon one element more than any other in growing his business, letting new potential customers become aware of his business and spark interest in its products and or services. But the trouble is that the advertiser doesn’t have a proven way to get his message in front of people who actually need and have a demand for such services, so normally the entrepreneur attempts specific techniques for prospecting like fb, e-mail marketing, direct mail, perhaps even a local shopping guide. They all require quite a bit of planning, and the marketer has little or no control over reaching the best clients with a real demand for that product or service at that time. Here is how the local business can get its message in front of its perfect target customer. It is like having a surveillance system so advanced that it identifies perfect prospects and advertises the business to them. This is so effective and it works so well is because of the smart phone revolution. Today, everybody is spending so much time on smart phones that it is the main place that we get information and the main place that we see advertisements. The major competitive advantage is that once an advertisement becomes a relevant just in time information, it’s no longer an advertisement, it becomes useful to us and we welcome that kind of information because it serves us to meet our demand and needs resulting in a brilliant user experience.
The Best Out Of Three Worlds: Combining Hyperlocal Advertising with Geo-Conquesting and Hyper-Contextual Cross-Device Retargeting
Explore with geo behavioral targeting what makes your and competitor’s potential and existing customers tick in real time. Create promotions that increase sales to products and/or services that are congruent with the buyer’s intent and profile. Broadcast daily deals to competitor’s customers or your existing customers, increasing retention rate whilst making clients feel significant, appreciated and rewarded for their loyalty.
What is Hyperlocal Marketing?
Hyper-local mobile targeting is an advertising method that delivers display advertisements on smart phones while being inside a predefined designated specific area.
How does Hyperlocal Advertising actually work?
There are three components to it:
1. Hyperlocal Targeting
Geo-positioning technology detects whenever a mobile device is in a designated location
2. Time- and geo-relevant display advertising
As soon as the user surfs the internet while being in that designated area, display ad space on well known high traffic news sites or any other publisher’s sites is being populated with the marketers advertisements which are displayed immediately in real time on the mobile device.
3. Contextual retargeting
The retargeting capabilities range from cookie based retarget only on the specific iPhone or Android smart phone to cross device retargeting whenever available and feasible.
The pros and cons of hyperlocal digital advertising:
Timing is everything: The outstanding benefit of hyperlocal advertising is the fact that the ads are automatically triggered in real time once the consumer is in the specified hyperlocal area.
The downside of it is that when hyper-local mobile advertising is used without Geoconquesting it is not very effective once the holder of the mobile device closes the browser session and/or leaves the designated area because this method is only capable of delivering those advertisements while inside the hyperlocal territory.
What is the Geo conquesting definition?
At times geo conquesting vs geofencing causes the confusion which is which. Geo Conquesting mobile marketing, which is much more precise than traditional geo-targeting, uses geo relevant data set up by means of longitude and latitude coordinates to direct consumers toward a specific store or business while they are in a competitor’s territory.
How does Geo Conquesting work?
The geo conquesting platform gets triggered to act when a smart phone enters a specific hyperlocal area. At that very moment the geo conquesting platform contacts that mobile device equally for iphones and Android devices to retrieve the Advertising ID, which every mobile phone has once at least one out of over 180,000 applications including but not limited to Google Maps, Facebook App, Whatsapp, etc. is installed. No privacy concerns because when people install a mobile app on their smart phone they opt in to share their geo-position of their device which is assigned a unique advertising ID (Android Advertising Identifier – AAID on Android and Identifier for Advertising – IDFA on IOS) by which that mobile device can be targeted.
What are the benefits of Geo Conquesting?
Geo Conquesting Mobile Marketing enhances awareness of the advertiser’s brand among consumers who are currently on discovery for a similar product or service near or inside a competitor’s location. Thanks to Geo-Conquesting businesses can capitalize on disadvantages and negative attributes of other merchants and/or his products or services while the user is experiencing the same. With Geo Conquesting Marketing the business owner is enabled to target consumers in real time where and while they are actually shopping. This not only reduces ad spend but also serves campaignn optimization thanks to laser-targeted traffic from a perfect match target audience.
What’s the role of cross device retargeting in geo conquesting mobile marketing?
Geo conquesting marketing outstanding benefits would be limited if there was the cross device retargeting feature. As advertising ID’s are gathered, categorized and tracked this data can be repurposed via a Demand Side Platform (DSP) for the purpose of retargeting those that were in the specific hyperlocal area. Third party data matching processing enables the demand side platform to determine all other devices, on which the smartphone holder logs in to with the – let’s say – same username, and deliver contextual hyper-targeted relevant ads
and place them on all devices of the user including but not limited to mobile phones, tablets, work- and home desktops. Thanks to Big Data in its volume, its variety, its veracity, and the matching process of mobile advertising IDs with cookie based contextual data, users – once identified via advertising ID – can be targeted with geo-aware targeting mobile phone advertisements and reached by advertisers on any screen. Cross-device retargeting enables the advertiser to retarget users on any device type from mobile to desktop through banner ads, interstitials, push-notifications, video ads, in app ads, native ads, programmatic geo targeting, popunders and many more contextual geo targeted display advertising formats.
Moving forward this data ought to be matched in real time to a point-of-interest database for the purpose of audience segmentation. Businesses and retail locations represent such data. The means by which that data is scraped and gathered include GPS data, cell-tower triangulation, bluetooth beacons, WiFi network connections and other proximity devices.
What distinguishes geoconquesting from geofencing?
Geofencing has two dimensions:
- Creation of a virtual hedge around a geo-location in terms of a specific area or a radius around a large location
- Serving advertisements to specific points of interests based on historical data from lookback window
In this context let’s focus on the latter. While geofencing only allows advertisers to deliver ads to persons that are or were previously inside a specific location by mobile geo location targeting, geoconquesting refers to serving display advertising to subjects that are or were in a competitor’s location.
Geofencing vs geo targeting:
Geo targeting mobile marketing may include an advertising campaign targeting a specific city and the shoppers within that Zip-code of the city, whereas geofences are perimeters that are set up to include specific locations deploying cross streets or GPS-coordinates, so that geofencing is much more precise in its hyperlocal targeting. Thanks to its hyperlocal targeting accuracy geofencing mobile marketing can be used within a defined geographic territory such as a mall or a retail store or even a stadium to serve hyper geo targeted mobile ads. As a result geo targeting vs geo fencing are two completely different animals and cannot be really compared.
The three categories of geofencing action triggers:
- Static action trigger in hyperlocal targeting: The position of a mobile device in regards to a specific predefined area
- Dynamic action trigger in hyperlocal targeting: The movement of a mobile device triggers the action.
- Peer-to-Peer action trigger in hyperlocal targeting: The proximity of mobile devices among each other triggers the action.
What is Location Based Marketing and How Can Your Local Business Profit from it?
With a market share of over $44 billion this year location based advertising is currently growing at a CAGR of 37.5 %. And still, despite the ability to target consumers based on their precise locations, just 22 % of marketers agree that they are exploiting hyper-targeted advertising to its full potential. Focussing on a lower number of shoppers within a specific predefined area during a specific timeframe (dayparting)has easier campaign-implementation, -personalization and -optimization as a result.
- 53 percent of consumers in the US are ready to share their current location for the sake of receiving relevant information just in time when needed.
- 57 percent of consumers in the US tend to engage with location-based advertising.
- 75 percent of the top twenty retailers in the US have implemented some kind of hyperlocal geotargeting technology in their storefronts.
- 91 percent of male and 76 percent of female internet users aged between 18 and 34 years admit to be influenced by personalized in-store advertising.
- 62 percent of consumers in the US share local promotions and daily deals with friends.
- 30 percent of intent driven users searching on their mobile device are more likely to visit a WAP site.
- 57 percent of intent driven users searching on their mobile device are likely to visit a store.
- 51 percent of intent driven users searching on their mobile device are more likely to make a purchase.
- 39 percent of intent driven users searching on their mobile device are more likely to call a business.
- 97 percent of US citizens send text messages once a day. With a 98 percent open rate, no other marketing channel comes anywhere close this type of conversion rate.
- 45 percent of all mobile searches are intent driven.
- Americans spend close to 90 minutes of their entire social media time on mobile devices instead of on desktop devices.
- Smartphone users pull out their mobile devices more than 150 times a day.
Location Based Marketing can have many shapes and forms:
Most phones are GPS enabled and constantly online. Integrated technologies like WiFi, Bluetooth, Near Field Communication working alongside with GPS, mobile devices facilitate hyperlocal marketing thanks to the fact that those mobile devices and their holder can be precisely geo-located. This geo-targeting capability is a dream come true for any business in the hyperlocal marketplace on the search for reaching new customers and/or retaining existing customers.
What are the main differences between hyperlocal marketing and proximity marketing?
Often the terms geofencing, geo-targeting, geo-conquesting, hyperlocal, location based and proximity marketing are commingled even though there are huge differences.
Geo-targeting does only get to city level
Hyperlocal Location Based Marketing
Hyperlocal can be done by means of:
Proximity Marketing is mostly used inside buildings. What makes proximity based mobile marketing distinct: First of all proximity marketing is indoor only due to the fact that the GPS signal and/or cell-tower triangulation signal cannot always make its way inside a building through massive concrete walls and ceilings. The following proximity marketing solutions make it all possible
Proximity Marketing is the most accurate positioning method limited by the range of:
Bluetooth proximity marketing uses low energy to determine the distance of a mobile user only within the range ot its signal.
Near Field Communication
A smart phone has an image sensor able to scan 2-D barcodes. When a customer sees a QR code anywhere he can pull out his phone, activate the QR code scanner to scan the code and take it from there whatever the information contained in that code is. Depending on the type of code deployed, a bar code might navigate the user to a site, initiate a phone call or trigger the delivery of any digital asset. Bar codes are mostly used to funnel users to a url and it may even store Google Maps data.
As smartphones are constantly searching for Wi-Fi networks they can connect to, local businesses such as retail stores, restaurants, entertainment venues, can tap into the window of opportunity to broadcast daily deals, promotions, display advertising, coupons or even a hyperlocal app. Content locking enables the business to make its visitors opt-in and register with their contact details. This list-building method puts the marketer into the favourable position of being able to use that database for future free direct response marketing campaigns, online by email or online-to-offline by direct mail. The only downside is that the gathered data through a Wifi proximity marketing device does not contain geo location data of the users’s smart phone on a map
Radio frequency based electromagnetic fields are used for data transmission from a tag, which stores information and can read information at a distance, for the purpose of automatic tracking identification. One of the RFID campaigns’ advantages is that there are no privacy concerns since no personal information of the consumer is being stored. Radio-frequency identification tags just track the customer’s in-store buying pattern via an identification number assigned to the tag. It is perfectly suited for inventory management. RFID is a no-contact system and plays a major role in the internet of things (IOT).
Beacon management platforms allow the admin to set up rules and actions e.g. for triggering certain messages or delivering certain ads. As beacons have the highest accuracy in detecting customers it can even be used to send turn-by-turn directions within a store. Unlike all the targeting methods outlined here beacons are not able to pinpoint the geo location of a mobile device on a map.
Which hyperlocal marketing method will your business benefit most from? Geo conquesting, geo fencing or proximity marketing? These various technologies rather complement than conflict each other, so if you can use them all.
Beyond the scope of traditional hyperlocal marketing campaigns Excel Performance Media offers access to a unique geo conquesting platform that combines Geo Conquesting with contextual retargeting – a mix which is exclusive in the industry and only a very few local businesses have access to this technology.
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads Accounting Service
- Geo Targeted Push Notifications Adoption
- Targeting Competitors Customers Advisor
- Geo Targeted Mobile Ads Airport Parking Service
- Best Way To Advertise Locally Antiques And Collectibles
- Effective Local Marketing Architectural Service
- White Label Proximity Marketing Arts And Crafts
- Targeting Competitors Customers Audit Service
- Hyper Local Marketing Examples Automotive
- Hyper Local Marketing Examples Auto Detailing
- Mobile Marketing For Small Business Apparel Stores For Sports, Fashion And Specialty
- White Label Proximity Marketing B2B
- Competitive Conquesting Advertising B2C
- Geo Targeting Mobile Banking Products And Service
- Geo Targeted Mobile Ads Beauty Service
- Hyper Local Marketing Ideas Bedding Store
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Bicycle Shop
- Geo Targeted Campaigns Bicycle Repair Shop
- How To Attract Customers From Competitors Bookstore
- Location Based Mobile Advertising Companies Boutiques
- Mobile Marketing For Small Business Branding Service
- Targeting Competitors Customers Brokerage
- How To Geo Target On Event Call Center Service
- Local Marketing Strategies And Tactics Car Dealership
- Effective Mobile Marketing Casino
- Retail Mobile Marketing Catering
- Geo Targeted Display Advertising Cattle
- How To Find Competitors Customers Childcare Service
- Location Based Mobile Advertising Companies Chiropractors
- Location Based Mobile Marketing Examples Church
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Cleaning Service
- How To Geo Target On Event Cloud Computing Service
- Hyper Local Mobile Marketing Club
- Hyperlocal Mobile Marketing Coaching
- Hyper Local Marketing Ideas Computer Repair
- Effective Local Marketing Strategies Concierge Service
- How To Find Your Competitors Customers Construction Service
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Consulting Service
- White Label Proximity Marketing Contractor
- Geo Targeted Display Advertising Convenience Store
- Geo Targeted Mobile Ads Copywriting Service
- Geo Targeted Display Advertising Corporate
- How To Find Your Competitors Customers Counselling
- Geo Targeted Push Notifications Creative And Graphic Design
- Hyper Local Marketing Examples Customer Service
- Effective Mobile Marketing Debt Collection Agency
- Effective Local Marketing Strategies Dental Service
- Geo Targeted Local Ads Design Service
- Location Based Mobile Advertising Companies Distribution Service
- How To Find Competitors Customers DJ Service
- Geo Targeted Push Notifications Donation Center – Thrift Store
- Geo Targeting Service Driving Service
- Geo Targeted Display Advertising Dry Cleaners
- White Label Proximity Marketing Education
- Location Based Mobile Marketing Examples Engineering Service
- Local Marketing Strategies And Tactics Entertainment Venues And Concert Halls
- Targeting Competitors Customers Event Marketing
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Executive Service
- Hyperlocal Mobile Marketing Farmers
- Hyper Local Mobile Marketing Financial
- Effective Mobile Marketing Fleet Service
- Geo Targeted Push Notifications Flooring
- Location Based Mobile Advertising Examples Flooring Tile Stone Store
- Local Marketing Strategies And Tactics Flowers
- Local Marketing Strategies And Tactics Food
- Hyperlocal Mobile Marketing Funeral
- Best Way To Advertise Locally Furniture Stores
- Location Based Mobile Marketing Examples Garage Door Repair Service
- Retail Mobile Marketing Geospatial Service
- Effective Local Marketing Golf
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Grocery
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Mall Guest Service
- Mobile Marketing For Small Business Fitness Gym Workout Center
- How To Attract Customers From Competitors Hair Salon
- Location Based Mobile Marketing Examples Hair Styling
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads Health And Nutrition Store
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Healthcare Service
- Targeting Competitors Customers Heating And Cooling Service
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads Home Service
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads Home Care Service
- Targeting Competitors Customers Horse Riding
- Hyper Local Marketing Ideas Hospitality Service
- How To Find Your Competitors Customers Hotel
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads In-Home Service
- Geo Targeted Campaigns Insurance
- Mobile Marketing For Small Business Ironing Service
- How To Geo Target On Event Internet Service Providers
- Effective Local Marketing Strategies IT Service
- How To Geo Target On Event Jewellers
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads Career Service
- Geo Targeting Mobile Kitchen
- How To Attract Customers From Competitors Laboratory Service
- Geo IP Targeting Landscaping Service
- Geo Targeted Local Ads Lasik Surgery
- Local Marketing Strategies And Tactics Laundry Service
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Legal Service
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Lawn Service
- Geo Targeting Mobile Lead Generation Service
- Retail Mobile Marketing Library Service
- Geo Targeting Mobile Lighting Store
- Local Marketing Strategies And Tactics Limosine Service
- Hyper Local Marketing Examples Lobbying Service
- Effective Local Marketing Logistics
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Loyalty Service
- How To Find Competitors Customers Luxury Service
- Retail Mobile Marketing Makeup
- Location Based Mobile Advertising Examples Mall Customer Service
- Location Based Mobile Advertising Companies Manpower Service
- Difference Between Geofencing And Geo Targeting Marketing Service
- Hyper Local Mobile Marketing Martial Arts Schools
- Difference Between Geofencing And Geo Targeting Massage Service
- Hyperlocal Mobile Marketing Medical Service
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Memberships
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Merchant Service
- Hyper Local Mobile Marketing Museum
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Naturopathic Medicine Clinic
- Best Way To Advertise Locally Nail Salon
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Off Road Shops
- Best Way To Advertise Locally Opera House
- How To Geo Target On Event Operations Service
- Effective Mobile Marketing Optometrists
- Difference Between Geofencing And Geo Targeting Orthopedic
- Hyper Local Mobile Marketing Orthodontist
- How To Find Competitors Customers Painting Store
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Pathology Service
- Hyperlocal Mobile Marketing Parenting
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Personal Chef Service
- Hyper Local Marketing Ideas Personal Care Shop
- Hyper Local Mobile Marketing Personal Injury Attorney
- Retail Mobile Marketing Personal Training
- Difference Between Geofencing And Geo Targeting Pest Control Service
- Effective Local Marketing Pet Groomers
- Geo Targeted Mobile Ads Pet Boarding
- Geo Targeting Mobile Pharmaceutical Products And Service
- Geo Targeting Mobile Photography Service
- Geo Targeting Service Physiotherapy
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Plumbing
- Geo Targeted Local Ads Product And Or Service
- Retail Mobile Marketing Pool Service
- Effective Local Marketing Strategies Printing Service
- Geo Targeting Mobile Professional Service
- Difference Between Geofencing And Geo Targeting Project Management Service
- Best Way To Advertise Locally Property Management
- Geo Targeted Display Advertising Psychiatric Service
- Geo Targeted Display Advertising Radiology Service
- Location Based Mobile Marketing Examples Real Estate
- How To Find Your Competitors Customers Recreational Service
- Difference Between Geofencing And Geo Targeting Recruiting Service
- How To Find Competitors Customers Rehab Service
- Location Based Mobile Marketing Examples Rental
- Mobile Marketing For Small Business Research
- Hyper Local Marketing Ideas Restaurant
- How To Attract Customers From Competitors Retail
- Geo Targeted Push Notifications Running Shoe Stores
- Hyper Local Marketing Examples RV Sales And Service
- Best Way To Advertise Locally SAAS
- How To Attract Customers From Competitors Satellite Service
- Effective Local Marketing Security
- Retail Mobile Marketing Seminar
- Geo Targeted Mobile Coupons Seniors
- Local Marketing Strategies And Tactics SEO Service
- Mobile Marketing For Small Business Service
- Shop Local Marketing Ideas Shoe Stores For Boots And Specialty Shoe Shops
- Hyperlocal Mobile Marketing Soap Shop
- Geo Targeting Service Software
- Geo Targeted Campaigns Stadium, Fairs And Conventions
- White Label Proximity Marketing Staffing Service
- Targeting Competitors Customers Stone Store
- Hyperlocal Mobile Marketing Supplement
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads Tax Advisory Service
- How To Attract Customers From Competitors Tile Store
- Retail Mobile Marketing Theater
- Taking Customers From Competitors Tutoring Service
- Retail Mobile Marketing Technology
- Geo Targeted Local Ads Tourism
- Geo IP Targeting Trailer Rental
- How To Win Customers From Competitors Training Service
- Geo Targeting Service Translation
- Retail Mobile Marketing Transport
- Hyper Local Marketing Ideas Tree Service
- White Label Proximity Marketing Truck
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads VA
- Geo Targeted Banner Ads Vehicle Rental
- Competitive Conquesting Advertising Vet
- How To Attract Customers From Competitors Video Production
- Geo Targeted Local Ads Wealth Planner
- White Label Proximity Marketing Weight Loss Clinic
- Hyper Local Marketing Ideas Wine Store
- Effective Mobile Marketing Yoga Studio